Has your salad gotten boring? Salads not appealing to you?
Here are some ways to "dress to impress" your salad routine:
1. mix up your greens, use all different kinds of organic greens in your salad. Add fun things like dandelion greens, endive, shredded Brussels sprouts, parsley, celery leaves, shaved zucchini--so many options
2. sprinkle on the herbs- think of cool things like dill, cilantro, parsley and mint
3. start with a basic vinaigrette and spice this with tahini, lemon juice, peanut butter, garlic, dijon mustard, even a touch of maple syrup
4. healthy fats really make your salad hearty and more filling. Think: sliced avocado, olives, sesame or pumpkin seeds, walnuts, dollop of hummus
5. make your salad a meal by adding a healthy protein: hard boiled egg, cooked salmon, sliced chicken breast, lean pork tenderloin, or steak.
6. salads are a great way to add RAW food into your day, to eat a vegetarian meal -- just forgo the meat and jazz up with some healthy fat choices to help you feel full
7. finish your salad with a crunch: crispy shallots, kernels of fresh summer corn, crumbled falafel, crushed nutty crackers...let your mind expand
Use what you have on hand, toss and go! Eat and Enjoy!